Breaking Into Wall Street Premium
- Learn by watching video-based training to master the Excel, accounting, valuation, financial modeling, and PowerPoint skills that are not taught at the undergraduate or graduate levels... but which you’d better know if you want to beat out the competition for the best jobs in investment banking, private equity, and hedge funds.
- Understand how financial modeling and valuation are done in the real world... not how academics think they should be done. Interviewers will LOVE it when you can recount the details of real companies you've analyzed and valued, such as Walmart, Atlassian, EasyJet, Vivendi, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Chuck E. Cheese's, Netflix, and more.
- Dominate your interviews and beat out the other guy. You'll not only get up to speed with practical financial modeling... but you'll also get to test your knowledge with practice Excel exercises, quiz questions, and written case study prompts. More than 41,053+ customers from 114+ countries have already used this knowledge to ace their banking interviews and outperform on the job. You can be next.
- Master Excel and VBA. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced user, you’ll be a bona fide pro by the end of this course – and you’ll save hours of spreadsheet drudgery. You'll even learn how to automate repetitive tasks with VBA code and macros - which translates into better reviews and bigger bonuses... and more lucrative exit opportunities, of course.
- Learn Accounting, Valuation/DCF Analysis, and Merger and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you'll need in investment banking, private equity, and hedge funds - and you'll be ahead of the game by mastering them before you start working. To put it another way... in this market, NOT having these skills is practically like wearing a big red sign saying “DON’T PICK ME” to an interview.
- Become a PowerPoint Speed Demon. You'll learn everything from the key shortcuts and alignment tricks that will make your life easier to the structure of pitch books and other presentations used in finance roles. You'll get practice exercises where you have to fix slides and company profiles, and you'll learn how to insert and use Excel charts, diagrams, and more.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. You can check off each lesson as you move through the material and take notes throughout. It’s easy to return and refresh your knowledge whenever you need to do so. You can also bookmark your exact progress in each lesson and create Playlists of the key lessons you want to review.
- Get All Your Questions Answered. You get world-class support - experienced bankers will answer your questions, comments, and emails 365 days per year, for a full 24 months after purchase (Yes, even if you get a case study and you have questions on Christmas Day or New Year's).
- Unconditional 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee. We’re so convinced BIWS Premium is the most practical and effective program of its kind that you can take a "trial run" for 90 days. If you're not satisfied, you can request your money back any time within that period. That’s how much we believe in these courses.
- Course Certifications. After completing the Excel and Financial Modeling courses, you'll be eligible to take the Certification Quiz for each one. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews. So you won’t just possess these skills; you’ll be able to prove that you possess these skills.
What You Get - And What BIWS Premium Will Do For You...
You'll Start by Mastering the Key Excel Shortcuts, Formulas, and Formatting,and Then You'll Learn How to Automate Your Workflow with VBA
- Intro, Setup, and Navigation Lessons teach you how to optimize your system and Excel setup, navigate, use the ribbon menu and the format dialog box, and use the key shortcuts for cells, rows, and columns, including absolute and relative references and naming and jumping to cells.
- Formatting and Printing Lessons cover the key shortcuts for formatting, built-in number formats, date/time/text manipulation, and how to clean up data, set up custom number formats, format financial models, and use conditional formatting.
- Financial Formula and Lookup Function Lessons teach you logical, arithmetic, and financial functions, as well as lookup functions, INDEX, MATCH, and INDIRECT. You'll also learn about array functions, OFFSET, sensitivity tables, Goal Seek and Solver, circular references, and XLOOKUP and dynamic array functions in Office 365.
- Data Manipulation and Analysis Lessons teach you how to use data tables, sorting and filtering, Power Query for importing data from the internet, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, and database functions. You’ll also learn how to use pivot tables and Power Pivot to slice, dice, and aggregate data according to different criteria, and you’ll practice customizing the tables, creating visualizations, and using Calculated Columns and Measures to build KPIs.
- Chart and Graph Lessons cover graph setup in Excel, ranging from the basic line and column charts up through dynamic charts with checkboxes and scroll bars. You’ll learn how to create charts that are specific to investment banking and finance roles, such as valuation multiple graphs, football field valuation charts, price-volume graphs, and waterfall bridge charts for analysis of companies’ financial results.
- VBA, Macro, and User-Defined Function Lessons cover programming concepts such as loops, range and cell manipulation, variables and constants, arrays and dictionaries, and string manipulation. You’ll create macros for “Input Box” cell creation and the color-coding and printing of financial models, and then you’ll expand on those by writing macros to cycle number formatting, change the decimal places for numbers with different formats, flip the signs, and flash fill right and down. You’ll also write macros to toggle the error-wrapping of formulas, toggle absolute vs. relative vs. mixed references, go to the min and max of a range, create Tables of Contents, and create Price-Volume Graphs.
Next, You'll Master Key Finance Concepts, Accounting, Valuation and DCF Analysis, and M&A and LBO Modeling with These Financial Modeling Case Studies Based on Companies and Deals Across the Globe
Module 1: Modeling Overview and Core ConceptsIn this introductory module, you’ll learn what "financial modeling" means, how you use it in real life, and the core concepts required to understand the rest of this course, including the time value of money, Present Value and Net Present Value, the Discount Rate, and the Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
Module 2: Accounting Concepts, the Financial Statements, and Interview QuestionsWe’ll explore accounting from a business perspective, and we’ll drill down using examples of our online business to teach you how and why the financial statements work the way they do. You'll also learn how to answer common interview questions, including both single-step and multi-step scenarios, and how more advanced items, such as Operating Leases, Net Operating Losses, and Deferred Taxes, work.
Module 3: More Advanced AccountingYou'll learn about the Book Value, Face Value, and Market Value of Debt here, as well as Issuance Fees and Original Issue Discount (OID); other topics include Equity Investments and Noncontrolling Interests, the tax treatment of Stock-Based Compensation, Unrealized Gains and Losses, FIFO vs. LIFO for Inventory, and Pension Accounting for defined-benefit pension plans.
Module 4: Projecting the 3 Statements (Toro and Atlassian)In this module, you’ll complete 60-minute and 2-hour case studies based on 3-statement projection models for Toro, a landscape maintenance equipment company, and Atlassian, a subscription-based enterprise software company, and you'll make investment recommendations based on the output of both exercises.
Module 5: More Advanced 3-Statement Projections (EasyJet)In this module, you’ll complete a 3-hour 3-statement modeling test for EasyJet, a low-cost carrier based in the U.K., with routes all over Europe. You will then use the output of this model to advise the company on its proper mix of Debt and Equity. You will build revenue and expense projections based on drivers such as ASKs, Load Factors, and Passenger Yields, and you'll add a Debt & Equity Schedule to the model to support the company's financing needs.
Module 6: Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and Multiples (Target, Vivendi, and Zendesk)In this module, you’ll learn how to calculate Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and Valuation Multiples for companies that follow U.S. GAAP and IFRS, as well as the core concepts everything - including how items like Equity Investments, Noncontrolling Interests, Pensions, Leases, and Net Operating Losses factor into the calculations.
Module 7: Valuation and DCF Case Study (Steel Dynamics)In this module, you’ll complete a 2-hour valuation and DCF case study based on Steel Dynamics, a leading steel manufacturing company in the U.S., and you'll learn how to project Free Cash Flow, calculate the Discount Rate, estimate Terminal Value, and use Public Comps and Precedent Transactions.
Module 8: More Advanced Valuation and DCF Case Study (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)In this module, you’ll complete a 1-week “take home” valuation and DCF case study based on Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical company based in the U.S. that develops orphan drugs. You'll project revenue for its existing and pipeline drugs, add stub periods and the mid-year convention to the DCF, and complete Public Comps and Precedent Transactions using corporate filings.
Module 9: Valuation Interpretation and Real-Life Usage (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)In this module, you’ll learn how to apply and interpret a valuation in real life by creating a short stock pitch (for hedge fund and asset management roles), equity research report, and investment banking pitch book for Jazz Pharmaceuticals based on the valuation and DCF analysis from the previous module.
Module 10: M&A Concepts and Full Merger Model (Builders FirstSource and BMC Stock Holdings)In this case study, you’ll analyze Builders FirstSource's $2.5 billion acquisition of BMC Stock Holdings and complete both 60-minute and 3-hour versions of the model. You'll also learn about fundamental M&A concepts in the first few lessons, such as deal types, payment methods, public vs. private company assumptions, and Equity Value and Enterprise Value in M&A. The last few lessons of the more advanced case study cover M&A valuation, contribution analysis, and value creation analysis.
Module 11: More Advanced Merger Models (Suntory and Beam)In this case study, you’ll analyze Suntory Holding’s $16 billion acquisition of Beam, the world’s 4th largest premium spirits company at the time of the acquisition. You’ll learn more advanced nuances of merger models here, including what to do for cross-border (Japan / US) deals, how to combine valuation work and M&A analysis, how to use quarterly projections in your models, and how to make a detailed recommendation to your client based on the numbers.
Module 12: Leveraged Buyouts and LBO Models (7 Days Group Holdings)In this case study, you’ll analyze Carlyle’s leveraged buyout of 7 Days Group Holdings, one of the leading business travel hotel chains in China. You’ll get a crash course on the concepts behind leveraged buyouts, and then you’ll complete a quick but accurate analysis for this deal and use it to make an investment recommendation.
Module 13: More Advanced LBO Models (Chuck E. Cheese)You will build a more advanced LBO model for Apollo’s buyout of Chuck E. Cheese, a US-based restaurant chain, using the case study. You’ll add more advanced debt schedules and revenue/expense/CapEx assumptions to your model, and you’ll learn how options such as management rollovers, debt refinancing, and excess cash impact the model. At the end, you will write an investment recommendation on the deal.
Module 14: Private Companies, IPOs, and Reverse Mergers (Kakao / Daum)In this case study, you will learn all about private company valuation and financial modeling via Kakao’s reverse merger with Daum Communications (two Internet/mobile companies in South Korea). You'll learn how to make adjustments for private companies, how to model an initial public offering (IPO), and how to advise the company on a reverse merger vs. traditional M&A deal vs. IPO.
Module 15: Debt, Equity & Convertibles (Netflix)In this case study, you'll advise Netflix on the best way to secure the $1.5 billion it needs to fund its international expansion efforts. You'll build a 3-statement model for the company with multiple scenarios, analyze its credit stats and ratios and covenants, and analyze bond yields, duration, convexity, call and put options, make-whole calls, refinancing options, and more. You'll also value a possible convertible bond, analyze its payoff profile and dilution, create a follow-on equity proceeds analysis, and draft a credit memo and longer advisory presentation for the company.
And Then You'll Finish Your Training by Becoming a PowerPoint Pro,Including Shortcuts, Slides, and Ninja Tricks to Triple Your Efficiency...
- Overview and Setup Lessons teach you how to use the PowerPoint interface and set up the proper Quick Access Toolbar (QAT); you'll also get a quick start guide to the course with different study plans, so you can complete lessons based on your schedule and available time.
- Shapes, Slides, Alignment, and Distribution Lessons cover how to insert, format, align, group, and distribute shapes in PowerPoint. You’ll practice your skills with numerous slides taken from a finished pitch book presentation for Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and you'll learn about the "Format Dipper," Default Shapes, "Ninja Lines," connector lines, the Merge Shape feature, and SmartArt for diagrams and hierarchies.
- Slide Master Lessons teach you how to manipulate PowerPoint presentations at a higher level with the Slide Master, Sections, and viewing modes. You will also get practice creating a template slide for company profiles in a pitch book, and you'll use Sections to organize and rearrange presentations.
- Excel and Word Integration Lessons show you how to paste data, graphs, and charts from Excel, Word, and Internet searches into your PowerPoint presentations and how to format it correctly. You will also get practice pasting in company logos for use in profile and potential buyer/seller slides, and you’ll learn the trade-offs of different methods of pasting in data from Word.
- "Finishing Touches" Section teaches you how to insert page numbers, footnotes, and labels, and then properly incorporate and check your MD’s feedback, notes, and markup on your presentation. You'll also learn how to check grammar, spelling, spacing, and alignment quickly.
- Presentation and Pitch Book Examples give you different types of presentations, investment recommendations, deal analyses, and Fairness Opinions, including dozens of examples from real banks. Note that the ones from banks are links to the SEC filings or PDFs, not editable files. You can use these examples to structure your own presentations.
- Company and Deal Profile Lessons give you practice with creating "profiles" in a wide variety of formats, from one-page and two-page layouts to two-profile-per-slide and four-profile-per-slide setups, as well as a high-level summary that lists 5-10 companies on the same slide. You'll create similar profiles all the time on the job, and you can use these examples as templates and references.
- Practice Exercises at the end of the course let you put your alignment, distribution, and formatting skills to use by fixing broken slides, company and deal profiles, and more. You'll also learn how to turn slides with boring lists of bullet points into more visually interesting layouts.
Access Your Training Instantly
The entire Breaking Into Wall Street course is delivered online - no deliveries to wait on and worry about, and you get instant access when you sign up. You also get FREE updates as they're released, as well as lifetime access to all the lessons.
Once your BIWS order is complete, you'll receive an email with login instructions - follow the simple instructions and you'll be able to access all the videos, Excel files, transcripts, and Quick Start Guides immediately.
Hear What Our Customers Have to SayAbout Their Results with BIWS Premium
At last count, over 41,053+ students, entry-level professionals, and career changers have used Breaking Into Wall Street to master modeling, win interviews, and break into high-paying jobs in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, and more.
Take a look at what some of them have to say (these are actual unedited email screenshots… a few details have been blacked out to protect customers' privacy.)
“Great news, I just got a full-time offer in IB J.P. Morgan in London!! Your courses have been absolutely key in achieving this.”
“I used your course to build up my financial skills and then wrote my own research and finanical model on Ryanair. I sent this off to a VC, who hired me soon after. I was then transferred to a hedge fund, where I find myself working now - applying the skills you have taught me.”
“I purchased the Financial Modeling and Bank Modeling coursework, and was blown away at the depth of the material. In particular, the accounting material helped me the most. Especially since it was all brought into the context of M&A, as opposed to an Accounting 101 class.”
“I moved from being a tax accountant/lawyer with a Big4 accounting firm to now working in the investments team of a PE fund. This would not have been possible without the core grounding I got from your practical courses in financial modeling.”
“I worked in this role for a little over a year and I was recently offered a position at a PE firm in NYC. I had modeling tests and case studies that I passed with ease because [of] everything that I had done in my down time with BIWS, especially the merger/LBO tutorials.”
“I managed to get a Leveraged Finance internship offer at BNP Paribas thanks to your Excel & Fundamentals course.”
“Three months later, I'm an extremely happy chappy!”
“Your method of training and how focused you are on the necessary techniques to be productive in the office is what makes these courses genuine and unique, and is precisely what I need.”
“I just landed a job in a private equity fund, and I could not have done it without this course.”
“To make up for my lack of financial work experience I listed Modeling Fundamentals on my resume as I was doing it, with a few highlights of case studies completed. So far it has piqued [the] interest of Lazard in Paris, HSBC in London, among others.”
“BIWS is a great resource that definitely helped me improve my understanding of many topics.”
“Also wanted to let you know that I ended up landing a role as a Senior Consultant in FIG Corporate Finance, which you helped me with earlier last year. Your advice, and the Excel & Fundamentals & Bank Modelling courses were phenomenal.”
“I have learned more about the technicalities of the industry through these lessons than 1. being a finance major at a reputable college, and 2. having an internship with a boutique investment bank.”
“I ended up getting 2 IBD and 1 consulting internship offer[s]. It is hard to put to words how this has helped me but I have no doubt that my life is a lot easier because I bought the courses.”
“I just wanted you to know that I think your BIWS Excel course is probably one of the most valuable ways [that I] could have spent my time before starting an analyst position at a REIT 5 months ago.”
“I have purchased the whole course available on your website and I believe it has been one of the best investments I have made.”
“You are simply the best in the industry. In fact, through the improved efficiency I have gained and noticed by senior management, our company decided to make your course an onboard course for all new analysts.”
“The way I see it, the modules of the Financial Modeling Fundamentals course are an exceptional complement to any university-level corporate finance class.”
“I cannot [imagine] surviving that first round without having gone through this experience... Safe to say that my increase in salary after having broken in does quite a bit more than cover the cost of these two guides that I purchased.”
“The best thing about BIWS [that sets it] apart from [other] courses is you can ask them the most basic question and they will get back to you within a couple of hours. It could be any question - career advice / questions related to modeling / advice on [the] resume or cover letter and advice on your story.”
“It has been extremely helpful as I have seen improvements after each interview where there is some sort of financial modeling and accounting assessment.”
“I am almost halfway into the completion of the course and I already believe that this is one of the best [decisions] I have made till now for my education.”
“Clear and concise explanation of concepts that are sometimes hard to comprehend.”
“I'm a CFA charterholder and in my personal opinion, BIWS has taught me 10x more useful skills for investment banking than the CFA curriculum did.”
“It's one of the best study materials I have used - not just within investment banking, but among all other materials I have ever used (and I have used a lot for different subjects throughout the years).”
“I was an accounting major and I have done accounting for a used car dealership for 5 years now, and I learned things in this course which I never knew before.”
“Your product is, by far, the best in the market. I tried a couple of competitors' products as well when preparing for both IB and PE interviews (FOMO of those having the silver bullet I could not find in BIWS I guess...) and there simply is no comparison to the depth, quality, and usefulness of it.”
“Without your course, there was no way I could have pursued an "organic" strategy, where I was able to secure a full-time IB role with no internships and now finally get into healthcare PE. So thank you, this has completely transformed my life.”
These are just a few examples of customers who've used this program to land the job of their dreams in investment banking. You could be next!
And here's a sample video from the Excel & VBA lessons so you can see exactly what you get:
Sensitivity Analysis in Excel - Click here to view a large version of the video and get all the files and resources.
Here's a sample video from the Financial Modeling Mastery course, so you can get a sense of the "on-the-job" financial modeling training:
Equity Value to Enterprise Value Calculations ("The Bridge") - Click here to view a large version of the video and get all the files and resources.
And finally, here's a sample video from the PowerPoint Pro course, so you can see how you'll master the key PowerPoint shortcuts, alignment tricks, and other tips:
Click here to view a large version of the video and get all the files and resources.
What’s Your Investment in BIWS Premium?
Here’s What Will Happen Within Minutes Of You Signing Up
Once you sign up, you’ll immediately have access to the 451 instructional videos, the detailed written guides, the complete transcripts, the exercises and practice quizzes, all the Excel and PowerPoint files, and the complete curriculum. And you’ll have access to our expert support team to ask whatever questions you need, for a full 24 months after purchase.
This is the most comprehensive and most practical financial modeling training around, at the best price, with the best support, and with the best guarantee. This is as risk-free as an offer can come.
In fact, the ONLY risk is that you might go into an interview without having taken this course - and the candidate next to you has.
The next move is up to you.
You can hope that an investment bank hires you without Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling skills... good luck to you there...
Or you can confidently tell banks you've invested in the most advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling training based on 10+ global case studies, authored by experienced investment bankers who have worked on dozens of deals.
I know you'll make the right choice.
Get Unlimited Access To BIWS PremiumAdd to Cart
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee